- Day One. The Republic don’t control this area of space, yet.
- The Nihil are from Kassav’s Tempest, meaning this begins before the Battle of Kur. Post-Great Disaster.
- This is Vernestra Rwoh’s first mission from the Council, her first tasking as a Jedi Knight. She’s a knight from Hynestia.
- She passed her trial the first time at 15, likely the youngest Jedi Knight ever.
- She is now 16.
- Avon Starros is an inventor. She’s 12, and so is the ambassador’s son, Honesty Weft.
- A month earlier Avon changed the personality of her protocol droid J6, so it would develop its own personality.
- Imri Cantaros spent his youngling years at the Temple on Coruscant.
- Imri just turned 14.
- A century or so before, Dalna was part of a war, which left a culture of blaster ownership rife.
- The Emergences are still happening. The ambassadors of Dalna think its a constant act of sabotage. Most of the in-system hyperspace lanes are still closed. The ship is destroyed.
- Avon stole her first ship to Mon Cala when she was 6.
- The Steady Wing explodes.
- Master Douglas and the Dalna ambassadors die.
- Avon has been to the Republic Fair before now.
- There hadn’t been a war on Dalna in over 100 years.
- Vern meditated and reached out to the Cosmic force when she was a padawan every night before sleep.
- When Master Douglas was 15 he was still training to perfect the third cadence.
- Imri has training in Wayfinding, something only seasoned Jedi are usually proficient in.
- Avon ate Jappa stew for a whole month on Mon Cala.
- Imri had been with Master Douglas for 2 years.
- Vern was barely 2 years older than him.
- Caden Starros, Avon’s Great Grandfather, is rumored to have chased someone all the way to Orandia after they stole his ship in revenge.
- Day Two. Arrival on moon.
- There’s regular rainfall.
- Imri’s lightsaber is a weak light blue.
- Honesty Weft spent the past 5 years as a combat medical doctor.
- A week after arriving at Port Haileap Vern woke up in the middle of the night to change her lightsaber into a lightwhip. That was a few weeks ago. Lightwhips are used by the Nightsisters.
- Imri is the first to see it.
- During the Sith Wars, Jedi used Lightwhips.
- Ancient Jedi had started the Sith.
- Imri had taken apart his lightsaber a few weeks before.
- Avon will likely make a questionable decision regarding Kyber crystals in the future.
- Avon was abducted on Hosnian Prime.
- She’s had J6 at least the last few years.
- About 300 years ago an almanac was created for habitable worlds.
- Avon hadn’t had a holo from her mother in a month.
- Day Three.
- They see a ship crushed by a boulder. A Nihil ship. Chiri, the handsy, is killed.
- Avon’s father left to go hyperspace prospecting.
- J6 had kept Avon alive for 3 years.
- Imri succumbs to dark side, and invites Honesty to join him in revenge against the Nihil.
- Day four.
- Honesty is taken prisoner and Imri is rendered unconscious.
- Imri and Vern fight, he gets over it.
- The Nihil didn’t want Dalna to join the Republic.
- Honesty wants to speak to the Senate.
- Two days later (day six) they were saved. Sskeer saved them on the way back from Shuraden (as seen in The High Republic 2021 #1).
- Avon steals Imri’s broken saber.
- Dedication of the Starlight beacon.
- It took two days of travel to get there, contradicting The High Republic (2021) #1.
- Everyone is still responding to Emergences.
- Sskeer asks Vern to become Imri’s Master. She does.
- The Nihil don’t appear to know that Kassav’s tempest is dead.
- They plan to get more Nihil on Dalna.