- Prie had a padawan’s braid.
- “Obi-Wan was 16 years old.” (This occurs a year before Master and Apprentice).
- He wanted to be “the best Jedi.”
- He hadn’t been apprenticed to Qui-Gon “for long” and he was still having him use the most basic forms in lightsaber practice.
- The majority of their time was spent in meditation.
- Meditation was easy for him as an initiate, but not with Qui-Gon.
- Obi-Wan feared he was failing as a padawan.
- Qui-Gon believes he isn’t what Obi-Wan wanted in a Master.
- Obi-Wan used his burn kit for the first time in a while.
- Prie’s master was known for his skills with animals.
- Siri Tachi was due back from her latest “daring mission at any moment.”
- The formal banquet hall was rarely used. Kenobi spent many hours training there alone.
- The banquet hall used to be a library. It had been carved “centuries before.”
- Several small pillars had been added to support a raised dais for the council members. Behind one it was very dusty, and someone had carved a planet on the wall. Orla Jareni and Cohmac Vitus’ names were carved on the wall beneath the planet.
- Ilum was one of the few planets Obi-Wan had been to, thanks to the Gathering where he harvested his Kyber.
- Orla Jareni had been a Jedi involved with the Great Hyperspace Disaster. (As seen in Into the Dark, The Fallen Star, and more).
- Obi-Wan didn’t think the Jedi had Wayseekers anymore.
- No one had pulled up Orla’s information “in ages.” Nobody had opened up this record, about a planet charted, since it was made. Nobody had followed up on this planet’s importance.
- “…somewhere out there was a priceless jewel glowing blue.”
- “Qui-Gon had a meeting with the council this evening.”
- The last time Obi-Wan had meditated as long as Qui-Gon he fell asleep.
- Qui-Gon accepts Obi-Wan’s quest to the unnamed planet.
- Obi-Wan scheduled the flight plan for the following morning.
- “Qui-Gon was fighting with the Council again.”
- Bolla and Obi-wan trained in separate clans as younglings.
- Sirie and Obi-Wan “had been close growing up.”
- Dooku had already left the Jedi order.
- Obi-Wan still liked to think of Count Dooku as “Master Dooku.”
- “Master Qui-Gon Jinn didn’t choose” Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Usually the Force brings a master to their apprentice after their trials.
- Obi-Wan went early to the padawan banquet hall the next day.
- He had spoken to Meba Fonox “the day before.”
- Obi-Wan had “once” flown a T-5 Shuttle in training.
- Qui-Gon was late for the mission.
- Count Dooku’s ship “left late last night.”
- Qui-Gon had been notified when someone arrived “the day before.”
- “Almost all padawans made it through to knighthood, but there were rare exceptions.”
- Taking the T-5 Shuttle out of dock without Qui-Gon was the most rebellious and reckless thing he had ever done.
- This was the first time he had ever been truly alone.
- “Nothing could ever ruin flying for him.”
- They find a distress beacon in space before their final hyperspace jump.
- Whoever left the beacon was marooned on a lifeless planet.
- He had longed for this for empty long years for someone to take the probe.
- “At last he was going home.”
- He arrives at the planet, strange asteroids bar his path. He navigates through the Force.
- He’d never seen a planet like this before.
- There’s an abandoned settlement that looks “old”.
- “Padawan deaths were rare, but not unheard of.”
- The girl he meets was around his age.
- The girl appears to be Force sensitive. All the children do.
- The mikkian girl welcomes Obi-Wan to Lenahra.
- The girl doesn’t know what Jedi are.
- The children haven’t seen anyone new for some time, possibly even years.
- “Not our parents, not their parents, but their parents.” The kids have been there for “4 generations.”
- Their parents left them. “We’ve been on our own for so long, until you.”
- If Orla made it here, “it would have been decades before their people crashed.”
- “Orla and Jedi” aren’t in any of their songs or stories.
- Lenahra tried to eat their ship, but it did too much damage to the land.
- “A 16-year old padawan was more mature than average, having trained his whole life.”
- It had been “a long time” since Obi-Wan was around new people.
- Nautolan younglings don’t develop as fast as their gills.
- “Don’t forget: this is ours,” is a phrase the children’s parents told them every night.
- Obi-Wan meditated “every night before bed.”
- “We haven’t met anyone knew, well, ever.”
- There was a “cave” that gave these children the Force.
- Finding Amyt before she dies was the biggest challenge he had yet taken.
- He had never tried to use the Force to communicate a thought with a creature.
- “He had only ever used his Force skills in practice.”
- “The next morning.” A second day on Lenahra.
- This afternoon he would find a way to get the younglings somewhere safer, preferably off-world.
- The younglings have never seen working tech.
- Zae-Brii had seen the last of their ships leave the planet. There was some conflict involved about who wanted to stay and who wanted to go.
- They’ll “go tomorrow” to the harvest.
- Obi-Wan was “2 days away from the temple.”
- Obi-Wan will stay until tomorrow at least.
- The beacon is turned on.
- “He had suffered so much for so long.”
- The beacon turns on. “I’ve found you. I’m coming.”
- He had never woken up to anything as beautiful as the opalescent sky above him.
- Zae-Brii and Audj had been in love “forever.”
- He suspected some of his friends had dabbled in physical relationships.
- “I would never want to be in a relationship with a leader.” – Obi-Wan
- The hike to the harvest will take half a day.
- One of the rules the children’s parents gave them was not to enter the doorway next to the scarred landscape.
- The Jedi Archives were so extensive because they needed to learn from the past.
- There were giant murals “as old, if not older” than those in the Jedi Temple.
- The settlement the children were from wasn’t the original inhabitants.
- Writing of a primitive culture of 3-legged race.
- The murals end with the mass death of the culture. It had happened “a very, very long time before.”
- Obi-Wan finds a data chip older than he’d “ever seen,” and believes that Orla Jareni did make it there.
- The cave reminded him of Ilum, through awe and fear.
- The place was sacred.
- The planet is attacking them for stealing the glowing orbs.
- “A few years before when he was just a youngling initiate, a padawan had been killed. She was collateral damage in a senseless attack.” Most likely this is a reference to Nim Pianna, apprentice to Rael Averross (Master and Apprentice).
- They lose one of the ships in the asteroid field above Lenahra.
- This triumph was “years in the making.”
- He would be strong enough “forever.”
- He hadn’t mastered sending out soothing force powers yet. They weren’t common among Jedi.
- The people before the current settlement had also taken the orbs and they all died.
- Amyt was just a baby when their people first found the orbs.
- Not everyone agreed with how they took the power, so some left.
- The orbs killed their parents prematurely.
- Their people lived here for two or three generations without the power.
- Audj has “worked hard all these years” to keep everyone safe.
- “Knowing the past meant learning from it.”
- A ship lands on Lenahra, at the harvesting place.
- The man is Audj and Casul’s uncle.
- They call him Uncle Loegrib.
- Obi-Wan had never been alone.
- “There had been one time as a youngling,” he’s had gotten sick.
- Loegrib had been off-planet “for years.”
- Two ships were lost in the asteroid field.
- Obi-Wan meets Dexter Jettster.
- Dex has “worked a lot of jobs on a lot of planets.”
- Loegrib says it’ll take “a day or two” to fix the ship.
- Loegrib wasn’t there to save anyone.
- Those who got off Lenahra had found a new home between two stars.
- Obi-Wan plans to leave in the night.
- He finds a bomb that responds to altitude on his ship’s hull. His return to Coruscant will have to wait.
- Obi-Wan gets Zae-Brii to be his accomplice.
- She too thinks it’s strange that Loegrib wanted to wait days before letting the kids aboard his ship.
- Obi-Wan exclaims that he’ll never have a padawan as bad as he is.
- The Power fades from the children’s system quicker as they grow older.
- Obi-Wan was calmest when going through his lightsaber forms. He had a lot of practice training his firms through “chaos.”
- As initiates, they used to play “hide and sense.”
- Once, Obi-Wab had switched out Bolla’s wash cream for Naboo glitter paste. “Bolla had shimmered for days.”
- “Obi-Wan had been so miserable lately.”
- When Obi-Wan sensed the creatures of Lenahra, his senses went all over the place, something that had never happened to him in the Temple.
- “Someone put it there tonight.” Obi-Wan on the mining charge left beneath his ship.
- Dex is a miner for hire.
- Loegrib is there for the power.
- Day had arrived when they got back to the Children’s ship.
- Obi-Wan didn’t yet have the Force ability to temper another’s emotions.
- A6-G2 partially accesses the ancient data chip.
- Mem may have spoken to ghosts in the past.
- “This is the record of Orla Jareni.” She traveled here from old Star charts and half lost records.
- Cohmac and Orla found this place when they were padawans.
- Orla Jareni made this recording just before going to help Elzar Mann, meaning the recording was from 232/231 BBY. (Tie-in to The Rising Storm) she traveled straight to Elzar from Lenahra.
- She was led here by the Force, when she was a rebellious padawan herself.
- She never made it back to Lenahra, and Obi-Wan was the first Jedi since.
- “Reach for the Force with open hands.” Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan this the first time they meditated together.
- “For so long he was afraid of being afraid.” He had these fears ever since passing his trials.
- “For the first time since becoming a padawan, Obi-Wan let go.”
- His créche once snuck into an unused pool in the Jedi Temple.
- The asteroid field above Lenahra was formed “unfathomable years before.”
- Obi-Wan’s first deep meditation.
- “I was living in fear for so long.”
- He had felt betrayed by his Master “a few days earlier.”
- Sometimes things can be pushed so far into fear and darkness that they can’t come back.
- Audj had been in charge for “so long.”
- Casul goes missing.
- Bolla had tried to cut cheese with a lightsaber before.
- Placing the orbs back made the animals happy.
- They couldn’t remember the last time they walked without something attacking them.
- Lenahra has been telling them “from the beginning” that you shouldn’t use it’s power.
- Loegrib tries to bend the minds of the children for his own gain.
- Loegrib’s employer wants the power so they can combat the Jedi.
- Dex comes to their aid.
- The children use the knowledge of how the planet protects itself that they’ve learned their whole lives to fight.
- “If Obi-Wan became a Jedi Knight,” he would have to fight someday.
- Qui-Gon was “far older” than Obi-Wan.
- The Force led Obi-Wan to where Lenahra would help him.
- Everyone was “always against him.”
- He had hurt “all these years”.
- He was the container and “it was time at last” to be filled with the Power.
- “The right way isn’t always easy.”
- “A few days earlier, he would have been tempted” to tat on Lenahra.
- The gash would always be on Lenahra.
- Loegrib eats a lot of the power.
- Loegrib’s power would be difficult for even Master Yoda, according to Obi-Wan.
- Loegrib claims to be stronger than the planet, stronger than the Force.
- “Obi-Wan didn’t have any skills developed enough for this.”
- Obi-Wan used the Force to sling a small pebble at Loegrib’s forehead. An homage to David and Goliath.
- Obi-Wan was as tired as he had ever been in his life, more than even after his initiate trials.
- The impending storm was “bigger and brighter than anything Obi-Wan had ever seen.”
- “We’re not welcome here anymore, are we?”
- The planet made a net of lightning to seal itself off forevermore.
- Safely through the asteroid field and heading towards Coruscant.
- Obi-Wan doesn’t think “anyone will ever see” Lenahra again.
- First time he’d seen Mem smile.
- The children plan to find a new home on some other verdant world.
- Dex promised to contact Obi-Wan if he’s ever on Coruscant.
- “Perhaps for the first time in his life, Obi-Wan knew exactly where he was going, and why he was going there.”
- He had much more to learn from Qui-Gon still.
- Qui-Gon had “slept in,” his excuse for missing the shuttle. He hints that he intended for Obi-Wan to go off alone, on an unsanctioned mission, to find his balance in the Force.
- Qui-Gon has “always been fascinated with Wayseekers.”
- The door is still open for Dooku to rejoin the Jedi.
- The Council has assigned a mission to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.